Jul 1, 2011

Mehdi Abeid Signs...

Newcastle United have signed 18 year old Mehdi Abeid from Lens. The defensive midfielder has figured for the France U-17 and U18's and was also sought after by Everton and Atletico Madrid.

"We are delighted to bring Mehdi to the Club," Beardsley said

"He is a bright, young talent and we think he has an exciting future ahead of him.

"After an impressive trial with us earlier in the year, I'm looking forward to working with Mehdi and developing his talent."

The youngster revealed Ben Arfa and Tiote were a pivotal influence in his decision to joining Newcastle.

"After eight fantastic years at Lens, I have stagnated. I needed a change of air. I am not afraid to leave for abroad," Abeid told L'Equipe.

"I have had contact dating back some time and I visited the facilities there [St James's Park] last week. I even trained with the reserve team.

"The leaders of the club told me about their plans and that they will rely on me for next season. For my part, I intend to give everything to develop in the Premier League."

“I already discussed things with Hatem Ben Arfa and Cheick Tiote and they encouraged me and welcomed my signature."

No comments:

Post a Comment