Jul 9, 2011

Capitano Colo...

Newcastle United have announced Fabricio Coloccini as the new club captain. After Kevin Nolan's departure only two names stood out most and those were Joey and Colo.

Newcastle fans will be very pleased with that and although a tough call, Joey's temper may ave been his downfall. Colo on the other hand is known for giving 100% and has been complimented by Nolan as being the best trainer. Capt Fab told nufc.co.uk: 

"I am thrilled to be named captain of Newcastle United. It is one of the proudest moments of my career," Coloccini said.

"Leading the team out in front of our supporters in our first game against Arsenal will be a great honour for me and I aim to give my best for the team and the supporters throughout the season.

"I would also like to thank Alan Pardew for putting his faith in me. It means so much to me."

Alan Pardew explained his decision, adding: "I had no hesitation in choosing Fabricio to be my captain next season.

"He will lead the team in a different manner to Kevin but his professionalism, attitude, application and fantastic character made him the standout candidate and, in my mind, the 100 per cent right decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment