Aug 13, 2011

Pieters: 'PSV must be willing to let me go'

Newcastle United yesterday lost spanish fullback Jose Enrique to Liverpool and are keen on replacing him before the derby next weekend.

Keeper Krul confirmed last week that the magpies are in for his fellow friend Erik Pieters and highly regards the left back.

Pieters, however, is focused on family matters at the moment and is trying to keep his focus away from the matter but hints the move could be on.

"I am not focused on football right now, only my family counts," Pieters told AD Sportwereld.

"Moreover, there must first be serious discussions with Newcastle and PSV must be willing to let me go."

PSV coach Fred Rutten has stated he will not come in the players way but would only be willing to let him go for the right price.

"I would lie in the road to stop him leaving but I fear I cannot block his transfer to Newcastle," said Rutten.

"He is a brilliant defender, but, if it is right for him and the club, I cannot say no."

The move is looking very plausible as neither the player nor manager will dispute the move. There seems to be a mutual understanding and neither wants to get into the others way.

However, Newcastle will have to battle it out with PSV and if the price is right, expect Holland's Int'l full back to remain in his orange colour against the Mackems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment