Aug 9, 2011

Official: Gabriel is Obertoon...

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of 22 year old Gabriel Obertan on a 5 year contract with a reported fee of 3m.

The winger is the fifth french signing for the magpies and comes in place of the departed Routledge. He will join fellow french mates Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and Mehdi.

"I spoke with some of my friends and Newcastle is a big club with history in England, so it's a great move," Obertan said.

"I'm just really happy to be here because this is still a big club for me.

"It wasn't really a difficult decision to come here.

"I spent two good years in Manchester but it was a bit difficult with the competition and I really needed a club where I could play more games.

"I know it won't be easy to play each game here, because there's a good group, but I want a fresh start in my football."

"I've heard a lot about the fans, the atmosphere, the passion around the club and the way the city is just behind the club 100 per cent.

"So I think I'm going to love it."

No comments:

Post a Comment