Aug 31, 2011

Magpies Transfer Watch

OFFICIAL: DAVIDE SANTON signs five year deal!

Davide Santon: "I am really pleased to sign for Newcastle. The chance to play in the Premier League and in front of 50,000 fans at St. James' Park was too good to turn down," Santon told nufcTV.

"It's never easy to leave any country, never mind Italy.

"It was a difficult decision, but I've only been here for a short while and I feel very comfortable. There are some good people here, it's a beautiful place, therefore I am very, very happy.

"I came here because it has always been my dream to play in the Premier League. And to play for Newcastle is even better, to play for such an historical club and such a great club."

Alan Pardew:
"This is an ambitious club who want to move forward and I want to help them achieve that."

"We are delighted to bring to Davide to Newcastle.

"He is a quality left-back and an established international who also gives us flexibility in defence.

"Davide is a young lad and a great signing for us and I am sure he will adapt to the Premier League very quickly."



OFFICIAL: ROB ELLIOT signs 5 year contract!

Rob Elliot: "I am looking forward to the challenge of joining a club like Newcastle United," he told nufcTV.

"This is a huge club and a huge opportunity for me to learn from two of the best keepers in the division.
 
"Newcastle are probably the best-supported club in the country, and one of the best in the world.

"That connection which the Club has always had with the fans, and the way the team has started the season, made it a bit of a no-brainer.

"It was hard because Charlton were my boyhood club, but when you have the chance to play in the Premier League and for one of the biggest clubs then you can't turn that down.

"I've never been before, and to see it now - especially after signing - makes it even more impressive.

"I can't begin to imagine what it will be like when you've got 52,000 people in there going crazy. It must be unbelievable."

Alan Pardew: "The goalkeeping position is one we felt we needed to strengthen. Rob is an excellent keeper who I have worked with before, and I know he will be a good signing for the Club."

No comments:

Post a Comment