Jun 15, 2011

Newcastle Legend Alan Shearer Snubs Cardiff...


Big Al has confirmed he was one of the candidates that Cardiff opted for however he wasn't too pleased with what they had to offer.

"I can confirm I was one of the candidates the club spoke to about the vacant manager's position at Cardiff City," Shearer said.

"During these talks I was most impressed with the vision, ambition and determination of owner Dato Chan Tien Ghee and the board.

"Unfortunately, those talks were unsuccessful on this occasion.

"Cardiff City is a great club and I wish them every success next season."

Really Al? You've only ever managed 8 games with Newcastle and you're talking of Cardiff not being suitable for your liking.

This would have been the perfect opportunity for Shearer to get his managing career started, anyhow he's snubbed it. To the contrary, Shearer did say he loved a challenge reflecting on his time at Newcastle.

'I loved the eight weeks I had at Newcastle. I loved the problems and challenges it brought every day, but I'm also not too daft to see that the longer you're out of the game the harder it is to get back in," he said.

'If the right one was to come along then, yeah, I would look at it. I'm not desperate to go in at a club that's got nothing and where I'm peeing against the wind.

"I'm not naive enough to say I'm not going in unless I can be a Premier League manager, I'm not that stupid. "Somewhere along the line you've got to do your apprenticeship. But I'd want half a chance of being successful at it."

Do you think Shearer should have taken the job? Leave your responses in the comment section below...

No comments:

Post a Comment